VETERANS MEMORIAL PARK OF KENTUCKY
IN HONOR OF OUR VETERANS
“American soldiers in battle don’t fight for what some president says on T.V., they don’t fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag . . . they fight for one another.” LTG Hal Moore
Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky, a 33,000+ square foot dedicated area, will lie adjacent Veterans Memorial Parkway, a named segment of KY 329 in Crestwood, Kentucky. The Park will be built in a 4-school complex. Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky, Inc., a 501c3 organization, will unveil markers each year that will serve to remind us of our veterans, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our American freedoms.
The three types of markers and monuments in the Park will:
- Provide historical information about wars/campaigns/military actions where Americans fought and died including; large monuments that will be installed showing etched historical scenes
- Provide historical information about those who were significant in military history (e.g. the Windtalkers, Tuskegee Airmen, WAAFs, the Rainbow Infantry Division, service animals)
- Include quotes appropriate to the military and veterans
Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky has two missions:
- Recognize those who served their country, especially those who paid the ultimate price
- Educate Park visitors, especially the youth, in military history (see separate tab)
With more social history being tought in the education systems, less military history is being taught. the project will address this situation in a meaninful manner, including DIRECTLY involving youth in the project.
Youth involvment and education is what will make Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky one of the most unique parks for veterans in America. In addition, senior citizens who will provide guided group tours to groups.
Please notify the Board Chair below if you or your organization would like to receive a presentation on or more information about the project.
CONTACT INFORMATION: chair@VMPKy.org
P.O. Box 46, Pewee Valley, KY 40056
STAY TUNNED FOR A GOLF SCRAMBLE ON JULY 28 AT LAKE FOREST COUNTRY CLUB!
KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS AT http://veterans.ky.gov/
KENTUCKY VETS AT www.KentuckyVets.com